The ultimate indulgence, Adaptogenic Self-Saucing Pudding by Nourish Pantry. Transform stress, elevate mood, focus and energy.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar* + 1/4 cup to finish
- 2 tablespoons Super Zen powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cups boiling water
- Coconut yogurt or ice-cream to serve
*For a sugar-free version use powdered sugar alternative like xylitol or stevia.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease medium-sized loaf tin or ovenproof dish.
- Combine flour, coconut sugar, and 2 tablespoons Super Zen powder in a bowl. Add milk, vanilla, and coconut oil or butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Combine the cacao and remaining coconut sugar in a small bowl. Sift sugar mixture over flour mixture. Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted around the edge of the pudding comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve with yogurt or ice-cream.